vineri, 22 octombrie 2010

The Russian special forces and dog training


I wondered if this guy had never killed anyone?

Means that only I was about four feet away from him and I couldn't help but think about it, as I sat there. After all, he did call itself "The Evil Russian".

Pavel Tsatsouline was an instructor for the Russian special forces Spetsnaz, who fought in Afghanistan and I was in the front line listening to him talk about the strength and flexibility training.

I heard that he was going to be talking about in Providence, RI. I had been told that he was a great speaker and didn't want to miss this opportunity to see him.As a guy who plays a big part of his life standing before people and talking, always jump at any chance to see a pro.

In any case, revealed to be everything I heard.Mr. Tsatsouline is an excellent speaker and has a great sense of humor. If ever the chance to attend one of his seminars, I recommend going to see it.

In any case, he sprinkled her seminar with lots of great stories and sayings Russians.Two of his sayings really hit home with me and I have never forgotten them. was your first statement:

"If the only tool is a hammer everything like a nail".

I loved this statement because I am a moron full when it comes to tools.My girlfriend knows that asks me to fix something that's not a good idea actually when we need something fixed around the House she usually gets the job done.

But ...

If you need something demolished are great with a hammer. is the one tool that I can use.

I also loved that comment because when it comes to dog training, a really good dog trainer has lots of tools in your Toolbox. Don't talk too much about this, but there are trainers out there who have only a hammer in their Toolbox. they treat each issue, each training situation, as is a nail.

Hack educators each behavior problem must be tackled with a fix. Dog trainers that have limited the tools put a choke chain on the dog and yank the leash and collar for every problem that they are facing.

Dog growls around his bone-apply the fix with chain of suffocation.

Dog jumps-apply the fix with chain of suffocation.

Dog doesn't sit-apply the fix with chain of suffocation.

Dog won't lie down-apply the fix with chain of suffocation.

Dog moves during the stay-apply the fix with chain of suffocation.

A good coach understands that there's more to the formation of yanking on the leash.In my book "The Amazing Dog Training Man", I discuss the M.U.T.T. method to address the problems of behaviour.

You see, when your dog is viewing a behavior problem, there is an underlying reason for it.This is what U acronym in M.U.T.T. method.Here stands for complete:

M deal

Underlying U

T train

T time

When is a behavior problem, you must handle the behavior, figure out what the Underlying reason for this behavior is, train or teach your dog behaviors appropriate and finally give your dog some time to learn the new behavior.Training a dog using only force will create problems.Sometimes you can momentarily behavior, but it will.

A few years ago I was attacked by a dog due to another coach.I was called to take a look at this dog to Dartmouth, MA.When I saw showed a German Shepherd mix extremely nervous and believe it or not, the name of this dog was Scar.

As I was talking to the owner, I could see that my presence in this fact very excitable dog.The owner did not tell me that there was a coach who works with his dog, the day before. I did a quick evaluation and note that the dog does not give me any alarm.He didn't make growl, her hackles not were raised, he did show me any teeth.

I decided that I would take the leash and go for a little walk, try to tie up a little with him.

As soon as I got the leash I noticed a change in available till He panicked and before I could hand the leash Back to the owner I attacked.The dog bit me on the arm three times before I could get him in his cage.

As I was bandaging my arm, the dog owner told me that the trainer that there was the day before had been very rough with Scar.

Trainer? day before?I asked.

"Yes, we had other this guy come yesterday to help with some training but we liked him. he hung Scar with the collar of suffocation. whenever would growl RASFF, he would raise on a leash and hold Scar there passed almost."

"Whenever he growled" I asked.

"Yep".

All made sense to me now. I was attacked the reason was because Scar had been "corrected" whenever he gave a warning sign. I knew well the other trainer. He knew only a way to train dogs.

You guessed. He treated each dog as a nail and hammered every one of them ... I knew this because a large part of my task at the time was followed this guy. I would get calls from dog owners who had hired him and now had bigger problems than before he had their dogs "train".

You see, when a dog growls, at least you know that the dog you're giving a warning message. now you can try to understand why the dog is growling and take steps to resolve the problem of aggression.

A trainer hack that has only a hammer in his instruments will seek to deal with aggression from bully behavior. the problem is this: when you use an aggression for dealing with aggression, an escalation of violence in the case with the dog RASFF, he had been choked every time he gave a warning signal and was choked. Growled and probably thought the trainer was going to kill him.

When I took the leash the dog poor condition only thinking of survival. He did not growl to me because the behavior had been deleted by other the trainer-but ... the behavior was still there.

Even if rather I chewed by Scar, I felt really sorry for him. most attacks have fear based and Scar probably had had a hard life and has become aggressive, because of how he was treated.

Then, when it was called a so-called "expert", methods of training used the pushed over the edge. training is more than a leash corrections and physical strength training is all about dogs of understanding and the reasons why they are displaying the behaviours that they are.

Compassion, patience and understanding of the behaviour is what makes a great dog trainer.

My advice to you is to be very tired of any coach who has only a hammer in his Toolbox. If you observe any dog trainer that deals with problems of behavior using only a chain of choking and inflicting pain on the dog, can be sure that you observe someone who really doesn't know what they do and it would be wise for you to find another coach to work with.







Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu